Venue Host Job Description:
We are looking for a friendly Event Host to join our hospitality team. The Rosemont Event Host will be responsible for assisting with and managing events, preparing seating arrangements, and fulfilling client requests, while frequently working irregular hours.
A top-notch Event Host should be able to stand and walk for extended periods and thrive in fast-paced environments. Ideal candidates are able to engage with people from a variety of backgrounds and maintain professionalism at all times.
Event Host Responsibilities:
· Assisting with the planning, preparation, and organization of events.
· Managing event vendors such as caterers, bartenders, security, etc.
· Receiving and directing guests to their seats.
· Answering questions and addressing concerns of guests in a charming, polite manner.
· Ensuring that the event space is clean prior to, during and after the event.
· Double-checking that all health safety measures are observed and that onsite personnel are well-versed in emergency protocols.
· Creating a positive, relaxed atmosphere where guests can enjoy themselves.
· Offering polite salutations to guests as they leave the venue.
· Coordinating different teams and ensuring they all work together harmoniously.
· Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Event Host Requirements:
· High school diploma or GED.
· Experience in the hospitality or customer service sector.
· A degree in Hospitality, Hospitality Management, or similar degree is preferable.
· Excellent management, organizational, and planning skills.
· The ability to anticipate problems and make contingency plans.
· Great interpersonal and communication skills.
· A charming demeanor and positive attitude.
· Flexible and approachable.
· Strong leadership qualities.
· Willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays.
Mrs. Linda Whiten
FEAST Executive Director
7735 Mockingbird Lane
San Antonio, TX 78229