Graphic/Layout Designer’s Job Description:
FEAST is Seeking a Part-time Graphic/Layout Designer. The Ideal candidate understands editorial design and has a passion for homeschooling. The candidate should also have the ability to effectively communicate with a team, keep reasonable deadlines, and have a working knowledge of InDesign. Knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus.
Graphic/Layout Designer Responsibilities:
Graphic/Layout artist needs to perform a number of tasks, duties, and responsibilities for the various projects they may work on. Below is a list of some of these, but not limited to:
- Interface clients and/or staff to find out the requirements for their projects
Develop concepts that are creative and innovative
- Design sample layouts by applying information related to the layout principles and procedures
- Select applicable font and size, and copy that style and size for the material that is to be illustrated
- Make use of computers to create concept graphics and layouts for numerous products
- Manage an archive of photographs and images, which can be used for the company’s websites
- Make the required changes if a client and/or editing team approves the suggestion made, and assist in assembling the final layout
- Responsible for developing, structuring, and laying out various components as per customers’ expectations
- Responsible for assessing visual aspects, such as color, type-face, position, and formatting, to be sure that the text and images appear in a visually enticing pattern
- May assist in the creation of templates that will be used by junior artists
Graphic/Layout Designer Requirements:
- The individual desiring to succeed in this field must be able to think creatively and make use of innovative concepts to create original and attractive materials
- He/she must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- He/she must be able to pay strong attention to detail and have knowledge of the publication industry.
- He/she must have the desire to update him/herself with the design trends and must be able to juggle tasks and prioritize them based on urgency levels.
- Adobe InDesign is a must as this is the format in which the newsletter is created.
- Knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus
Cover Letter Point of Contact:
Mrs. Linda Whiten
FEAST Executive Director
7735 Mockingbird Lane
San Antonio, TX 78229