FEAST Job Opportunities
Family Educators Alliance of South Texas, FEAST, is changing with the current climate in the homeschool community. We are offering more services to new and veteran homeschool families in order to ensure their success. In this spirit, we have more opportunities for employment with FEAST. All our openings are part-time, and would provide flexibility to anyone with obligations outside of work. All positions are at our new location: 7735 Mockingbird Lane, San Antonio
Please send resume with cover letter for any of the following positions to email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line.
IT Support – Assistant
Experience Level Intermediate
Job Status: part-time, some remote, for less-than 10 person office. 3-10 hours per weekly. The hours can vary greatly based on what needs to be done that week: editing the website, sending out emails, setting up a new computer, fixing the network, etc. This job is in the Medical Center area of San Antonio off of Fredericksburg Road. It would be best if this person is close to this location.
Assist the Main IT Support Person in the Following Responsibilities
- Monitor and perform troubleshooting and resolution for simple to moderately complex technical issues – primary issues will involve setting up networking environment, wifi routers, and maintaining current equipment and software.
- Communicate with staff to keep them apprised of the status related to incident and request resolution
- Maintain documentation on any actions taken and current procedures and protocols
- Identifies outdated or inaccurate information within the knowledge base to be updated
- Consult with staff to ensure technology and office systems are meeting their needs and coordinates acquisition and training where needed
- Maintain, evaluate and install all hardware and software
- Research and pursue relevant training opportunities to ensure broad awareness of current and emerging technology solutions.
- Develop and maintain the website, social media integrations and cloud data storage.
- Demonstrated experience providing end-user support in a networked environment
- Proficient with Office 365, Windows 10, and WordPress website design and management
- Experience with of Google Analytics, Adwords, Grants, G-Suite and Business account, Constant Contact, CSS, and/or Formsite is helpful.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to working as a team and providing excellent customer service
Interested applicants should contact Linda Whiten via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curriculum Advisor (Part-Time)
Job Status: part-time.
About 16-25 hours a week
The curriculum advisor position is the face of FEAST. This person must have a working knowledge of various styles and types of curriculum and the ability to inform and educate new to homeschooling families that have little to no knowledge of the homeschooling requirements in the state of Texas. She or he will meet with new families to help them begin their homeschooling journey. They must be a compassionate and effective communicator to work with new and veteran homeschooling families. Our daily goal is to empower, encourage and equip families in their homeschooling journey. An exceptional candidate will have the ability to multitask effectively, work independently, and follow through with daily tasks.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have experience as a home educator for at least 5 years
- Experienced in Customer Service
- Experienced in Microsoft Office
- Must be a good communicator
- Applicant must possess knowledge of a wide variety of curriculums and learning styles
- Must understand the different stages of homeschooling from kinder to high school
- Capable of explaining homeschooling and helping families get started
- Be present in the resource center to answer calls and take walk in customers
- Check email respond to inquiries
- Check and return phone messages daily
- Run purchases through the point of sale software, balance out, and prepare deposit daily
- Keep up-to-date on available curriculum and programs
- Write and email article about homeschooling trends once per week
- Facilitate “New to Homeschool” Orientations
- Help customers put together, review, and transcripts
- Set up affiliate links with publishers
- Request catalogs and samples from publishers for the Resource Center
- Be comfortable demonstrating curriculum
Join Our Volunteer Team!
Come bless the many home school families that FEAST serves all year long! There are many opportunities to make a difference in our home school community.
We are loving our new FEAST home at the Denman Estate! There are surprise and delight around every corner. Needless to say, there are so many repair projects and so many cleaning projects that we need your help!
Our Facility Manager and is keeping a list and checking it twice as we try our best to be good stewards of this amazing property.
The buildings have sat empty, the dust has built up, roofs are in need of repair, stone needs to be power washed, and the list goes on and on. Everything from mowing and trimming, to general cleaning, are on the list.
Some items require skills, and some like dusting the 258 paneled squares in the living room only requires a pile of clean microfiber cloths and natural wood cleaner and a group to come alongside us and get it done.
We are pre-scheduling volunteers up to two months in advance. So pick a time on the calendar, grab a friend and sign up. We will be waiting and ready with all the supplies for when you come!
Reasons to volunteer
- Give back to the homeschooling community
- Use your experience and the skills God gave you to make a difference
- Build your resume
- Work with professionals in your area of interest
- Advertising & Marketing
- Web and Print Design
- Web Development
If you are interested in any of the positions above or have a talent you would like to share, please contact Linda Whiten at email@example.com.