Phoenix Milner was a FEAST Volleyball and Basketball player who tragically lost her life in a car accident on May 23rd, 2020. She was an incredibly special person who impacted the lives of all those she came in contact with, not only through sports but within her daily dealings with neighbors, friends, doctors, and especially with the dental professionals at 7 to 7 Dental & Orthodontics. Her teammates and coaches remember her as a vocal leader, a tireless worker, a stranger to none, and a friend to all. She set a classic example of what it means to be a Patriot!
In her honor, Family Educators Alliance of South Texas (FEAST) is honored to award the $1000 Phoenix Milner Memorial Scholarship funded by friends of Phoenix at the 7 to 7 Dental & Orthodontics Group. This will be open for applications beginning in January each year and closed in March of that same year.
Phoenix’s outstanding character and positive leadership qualities will become the basis of the scholarship requirements.
TO QUALIFY, THE APPLICANT MUST:
- Be affiliated and in good standings with FEAST or FEAST Sports for at least two years.
- Be a High School Junior or Senior on track for college.
- Meet the minimum enrollment requirements of the college selected.
- Be recommended by two adults identifying outstanding character and leadership qualities. (one may be a coach or sports-related)
- Be recommended by two peer associates giving examples of high character and leadership. (one may be a teammate or sports-related)
- Understand that they will not be able to apply for the scholarship unless they have been recommended by the 4 individuals above.
- Be willing to submit a completed application on or before the deadline.
- Parents and students agree to sign a “verification of consent” to investigate any and all information submitted.
- Understand that funds will be held in reserve by FEAST until college registration is completed.
- Give permission and release/waiver for their name and photo to appear in the FEAST Website, FEAST MANNA Magazine, email broadcasts, and social media posts.
Award money, $1000 one-time scholarship, will be sent directly to the recipient’s institution/ college of choice or to the recipient with a receipt verification of registration. Recipients may apply each year. Funds will be held in reserve with FEAST up to two years until college registration is complete.