Everyone agrees that home-based education is growing both in numbers and in scope. Research on the academic advantages of homeschooling are incredible yet many questions remain unanswered for parents interested in this educational choice. This successful teaching phenomenon of personalized home-based, parent-directed education has captured the attention of parents nationwide. Despite its remarkable growth the need for one on one personal homeschooling orientations are in big demand. FEAST has seen a rise in phone, website and internet contacts from those wanting more information about this remarkable teaching format. If you would like to learn how to homeschool successfully, or just to gather more information, select one of our orientations below and schedule an appointment to meet with one of our homeschooling specialists.
“New to Homeschooling” Orientation
FEAST schedules one-hour homeschool orientation classes, Monday-Thursday at either 10:30am or 2:30pm. Along with answering all your questions with information on helpful programs and support, this one hour class covers the details of the Texas requirements and the rights of a homeschool family. During orientation, we will show you samples of different curriculum and explain where to purchase them online. We also cover record keeping and practical help for getting started on your homeschool journey.
These $35 classes are open to any family wanting more information about FEAST and homeschooling in general. Husbands and wives are encouraged to attend together if possible and children are always welcome to attend with the parent. Grandparents and others that will be assisting with the home-based education are also encouraged to attend. “New to Home Schooling Orientation” is open to the public, so feel free to pass the information along to family and friends who want to know more about homeschooling!
DUE TO THE HIGH NUMBERS OF COVID, OUR OFFICES WILL BE WORKING BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
ALL ORIENTATIONS WILL BE HELD BY ZOOM ONLY DURING THIS TIME!
“One on One Consultations”
Feeling a little confused about the next step in your child’s education? If you would like your own personal consultation, contact FEAST today. Depending on your needs, elementary, high school, and/or college, you can schedule a planning session that will address your specific questions. With the help of one of our advisors, you will be able to develop an individualized plan for your student. One-hour sessions are $25 each and must be scheduled in advance. Register and you will be contacted to schedule a firm day and time to meet.
Here are some of the new consultations FEAST is offering:
General Consultation Types:
- De-schooling (Easing your way into homeschooling and rekindling a love for learning)
- Scheduling & Lesson Planning (from daily to year at-a-glance)
Specific Consultation Types:
- Reading Assessment (Determining your child’s strengths, weaknesses, and grade level)
- Readers Workshop (Fun approach you can use as your reading curriculum or add to any curriculum you may already use to teach targeted reading strategies, and comprehension lessons to multi-leveled readers)
- Guided Reading (Great approach using targeted teaching strategies to bridge gaps for struggling readers or to advance on-target readers.)
- Writing Assessment (Bring in a writing sample and learn to assess your child’s strengths and weaknesses)
- Writers Workshop (An anything-but-boring literature-based approach to writing. Learn how to let your favorite books and authors be your guide in planning fun and engaging writing lessons for reluctant and struggling writers.)
OUR OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAYS FROM DECEMBER 18th THROUGH JANUARY 3rd.
THERE WILL BE NO CONSULTATIONS SCHEDULED DURING THIS TIME!