Feeling a little overwhelmed – don’t be! If you are looking for record-keeping supplies we want to help! Below you will find information and links to record keeping resources that have either templates for report cards or transcripts.
What is a Report Card? You, as the homeschool teacher, use it as a written or typed assessment of a student’s work/progress/conduct. A typical yearly report card can include but not limited to grades, extracurricular activities, volunteering work, reading lists, curriculum used, and achievements. As homeschool parents, it’s best to be proactive, protected, and organized by documenting our kids’ progress.
Are Report Cards Required? Though Texas law does not require us to test or grade our child/student, many homeschool parents can use report cards/transcripts to keep track of milestones, academic achievements, and extracurricular activities for documentation or keepsakes. Typically, transcripts will be required for: a graduate entering college or trade school, for high school dual credit, and likely, for returning the child to public or private school if desired.
What is a Transcript? A more formal form of record-keeping, the majority of homeschooling families, use transcripts for college enrollment for grades 9-12. Transcripts typically include but not limited to classes you completed, when you completed them, and grades for each class completed, along with a grade point average (GPA), extracurricular activities, any accomplishments, standardized testing scores, and volunteer work. The transcript becomes a legal document in the state of Texas once the parent/guardian who is homeschooling the child signs and dates the transcript. It is recommended that you have the transcript notarized after the completion of the 12th grade and store in a safe place.
Are Transcripts Required? For children 8th grade and younger, transcripts may be needed if returning the child to public/private school, it depends on the school. For children 9th grade and older a transcript will be required for: a graduated student entering college or trade school, for high school dual credit with college, and likely, for returning the child to public/private school.
Need Assistance Filling Out the Transcript? While this is something you can accomplish on your own, we know it is a daunting task. We have a couple of ways to help you complete your transcript. For a fee, we offer transcript templates and notarization. We can help assemble your transcript for you with the information you provide. Keep in mind, the responsibility for the accuracy of the information still falls to you, the parent. FEAST cannot sign nor validate.
Where can I get a Transcript or Report Card Template? We have developed our own transcript and report card templates available at your convenience in the FEAST Resource Center or on our website. Please contact us if you have any questions. The High School report card includes spaces for the student’s SAT, ACT or other college preparatory exam scores. Below are resources to templates for pre-made record keeping:
- Report Card Templates: $5 (Elementary/Middle/High School) – Sent via email, opens with Microsoft Word 2003 or later version.
- Transcript Templates: $10 – Sent via email, opens with Microsoft Word 2003 or later version
- Transcript Notarization $10 – by appointment only. (Free for Patriot Pass holders)
- In-Person Transcript Instructional Session: $25
Where Can I Pick Up These Resources?
- Address: 7735 Mockingbird Lane, San Antonio, 78229
- Hours: Monday - Thursday -- 10am to 4pm. We are closed on Friday.
- Office Phone: (210) 342-4674
Other Affiliate Resources:
- Myschoolyear.com https://www.myschoolyear.com/SignUp?promoCode=FEAST19
- Texas Homeschool Coalition also has some of these resources available to members. https://thsc.org/home-school-resources/recordkeeping/ FEAST offers a discount to their membership. This information can be found on our Discounts page (you must be logged in with your Patriot Pass to see this page.)
FEAST also offers a Notary service for an additional $10. Email the FEAST Staff at email@example.com to make a Notary appointment.
FEAST, your first stop for home schooling! 7735 Mockingbird Lane, San Antonio, 78229 .