- Science events in San Antonio: http://sanantonio.eventful.com/events/categories/science
- FIRST Robotics: http://www.firstinspires.org/
- Girls STEM Opportunities, Scobee Education Center
Museums and Learning Centers
Classes and Workshops
STEM Focused Summer Camps
- Venture Lab
- UTSA summer camps
- Trinity University computer camps
- Bits, Bytes and Bots
- Summer at the Academy
- The San Antonio Youth Code Jam
- FREE – St. Mary’s Robotics and JAVA camp
- A Handyman’s Guide to Tinkering Article by HomeAdvisor references for tinkering, electronics, coding, engineering, and simple machines.
- Coding Resources from Berkley University
- Coding Resources from Columbia University
- Ohio University K-12 STEM Lesson Plan Guide
- The Ultimate Stem Guide for Kids: An Amazing List of 239 Cool Stem Sites
- Varsity Tutors:
- Virtual School Day: Nearly 200 free, live K-12 classes available all day long intended to help parents fill their children’s day with enriched learning. Some popular classes are “Intro to Spanish for Kids”, “Coolest Women in History”, “Java Programming Basics”, and “The Story of Your Favorite Fairy Tales”. We have received exceptional ratings from thousands of parents and students.
- Virtual Summer Camps: Free half-day summer camps are a week long, with enrichment-based classes in subjects like foreign languages, chess, theater, coding, Minecraft, how to be a detective, photography and more. These live, interactive camps will be taught by expert instructors vetted through Varsity Tutors’ platform. We already have 300+ camps scheduled for the summer and 2,000 families per day signing up.
- Adaptive Diagnostic Assessments: Measure a student’s proficiency and identify strengths and weaknesses in hundreds of subjects. Get an effective learning plan along with free tools to improve.
- Varsity Learning Tools: More than 250,000 free practice problems in over 200 subjects. Also available as mobile applications.