Bring your appetite for “just dessert” and join FEAST at 10 am on November 19th, at the beautiful grounds of the Denman Estate for a lesson in making enemy pie and a friend or two!
Participants, ages 7-10, are invited to participate in a reading of Enemy Pie by Derek Munson. After the interactive read-aloud, participants will receive the recipe for enemy pie and get involved in some friendship building fun, including eating some pie! The activities will take place on the grounds of the Denman Estate, so please dress accordingly. Families are encouraged to bring a lunch so they can picnic at the adjacent city park with some of their newfound friends after the fun.Parents will receive a folder with language arts lessons that can be completed at home after the event. Once sign up, and payment is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email and a pre-event activity to complete and bring on the day of the lesson making the event all the more delicious!
- The cost is $10 per pie participant (the cost includes fun photo-ops, pie tasting, recipe exchange, interactive fun, and folder with language arts lessons)
- This activity is designed for ages 7-10.
- This opportunity will be limited to 20 pie participants (parents and non-participating family members are welcome to come and help with the event but must stay with the group and follow safety guidelines).
- This event begins at 10am at FEAST’s Resource and Retreat Center located at 7735 Mockingbird Lane, San Antonio, 78229 . (210) 342-4674
- Families are welcome to bring a sack lunch and picnic with their new friends at the adjacent city park after the event.