- This event has passed.
Rodeo Time’s A Comin’!
April 22 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$5
Saddle up partners and join FEAST at 10am on Thursday, April 22, at the beautiful grounds of the FEAST Denman Estate for a rootin’ tootin’ good time at Cowboy Camp!
FEAST friends, ages 5-10, are invited to take part in an interactive read-aloud of Tammi Sauer’s Cowboy Camp. After the read-aloud, participants will rustle up some friendship building fun with rodeo style activities. Then, our cowpokes can try some tasty cowboy- style grits and beans, just like the characters in the book. The activities will take place on the grounds of the FEAST Denman Estate, so please dress accordingly. Cowboy clothes are recommended but not mandatory. Families are encouraged to bring a lunch to enjoy picnicking at the adjacent city park after the fun.
Parents will receive a folder with language arts lessons that can be completed at home after the event. Spaces are limited, so once sign-up and payment is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email guaranteeing your spot.
- The cost is $5 per participant.
- The price includes fun photo-ops, a tastin’ of grits and beans, cowboy-style bandana, interactive fun, and folder with language arts lessons.
- This activity is intended for friends ages 5-10.
- This opportunity will be limited to 15 participants (parents and non- participating family members are welcome to come and help with the event but must stay with the group and follow safety guidelines)
- Families are welcome to bring a sack lunch and picnic at the adjacent city park after the event.