- This event has passed.
Read-Aloud: Character Dress Up
October 25 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$10.31
PHOTO: Adam Winger/unsplash.com
Come Celebrate Character Book Day!
Participants ages 5-10 are invited to participate in our first annual Character Book Day.
Let’s have some fun while we learn about character traits! After an interactive lesson and read-aloud of Ms. Rose’s “Character Book,” participants can share a bit about the book and character they chose.
Later, participants will get involved in some friendship building fun at FEAST’s Urban Outdoor Classroom.
The activities will take place at FEAST’s Urban Outdoor Classroom.
- Families are encouraged to bring a lunch so they can picnic at the adjacent city park with some of their newfound friends after the fun.
- Participants are invited to dress as a character from a favorite book.
- Students should bring a copy of the book or a photocopy of the front of the book.
- Please write your child’s name in his/her book.
- Please make sure your child’s costume is age appropriate. No scary or gory costumes please.
- Students may wear a change of clothes under their costumes.
- If students and parents would like to pass out treat bags for students on this day, please be aware that some students may have food allergies.
- The cost includes fun photo-ops, reading lesson, interactive fun, and folder with language arts lessons
- Parents will receive a folder with language arts lessons that can be completed at home after the event. Once sign up and payment is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email.
- This activity is designed for ages 5 to 10.
- This opportunity will be limited to student participants (parents and non-participating family members are welcome to come and help with the event but must stay with the group and follow safety guidelines).
- The ticket window will close at 10am on 10/25/2021