THSC believes raising children is a family’s God-given right and calling and believes in empowering parents to raise and educate the next generation of leaders. They encourage families to connect with local groups like FEAST because together, we are Keeping Texas Families Free!
Texas Home School Coalition is Keeping Texas Families Free. Visit the website to learn more:
- State requirements
- How THSC defines homeschooling
- The history of Texas home education
- Concerns about legal and problem situations.
Do you know about all the benefits of becoming a THSC member? They include free Convention registration for THSC Called to Teach Homeschool Conventions, legal assistance and helpful homeschool templates (including report cards, transcripts, diplomas and more)!
Why join THSC?
- Legal assistance for homeschooling
- 24-hour CPS help line
- Featured audio of the month
- Homeschool events, tickets & discounts
- PDF transcript, diploma and report cards
- Student & Teacher ID cards
- Curriculum resources
- Online Individual Educational Plan
Use your FEAST discount code to save $20 off your annual membership: TXFEAST2021
Home School Legal Defense Association
HSLDA is a nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the upbringing and education of their children and to protect family freedoms. We provide homeschooling-related legal advice and representation to our over 80,000 member families, promote homeschool-friendly legislation at the state and federal levels, and offer information and resources to encourage and support all homeschoolers.
The legal help that HSLDA provides to our members ranges from legal advice to full court representation. No matter what services are necessary to help you, there are no further charges of any kind beyond your annual membership dues.
- We answer and advise our members regarding homeschooling-related legal questions, whether you need clarification of your state’s homeschool law or are experiencing conflict or misunderstanding with a government official.
- We correspond on your behalf with government officials who are confused about your state’s homeschool requirements or are outright challenging your right to homeschool.
- If your homeschooling-related situation winds up in court, HSLDA provides full representation at every stage of legal proceedings. This may require hiring local attorneys.
Often, it is HSLDA’s first-response advice and correspondence that prevent a situation from escalating into a full-blown legal problem down the road. A family may consider it extremely unlikely that they will run afoul of a government official, but if initial confusion or misunderstanding is not properly handled, it can quickly spiral into serious legal trouble.
HSLDA’s advocacy for homeschoolers extends well beyond legal help. We try to support homeschooling families in many different ways, making homeschooling a more attractive and accessible option for all parents.
Beyond legal services, HSLDA’s member benefits include:
- Members-only website containing detailed information and HSLDA-designed forms to help you comply with your state’s homeschooling regulations
- Specially negotiated member discounts with national vendors through the HSLDA Perx program
- Free personal consultations by phone or email with HSLDA’s qualified, experienced staff of homeschool consultants, who can answer your specific questions about homeschooling toddlers to tweens (preschool through middle school), homeschooling through high school, and homeschooling a struggling learner
- Member discounts on other HSLDA programs and services, such as the HSLDA Store, HSLDA Online Academy’sonline AP courses, Michael Farris’s online Constitutional Law course, and Generation Joshua membership
- Subscription to The Home School Court Report, HSLDA’s member magazine packed with homeschooling news, tips, and encouragement
HSLDA and Patrick Henry College launched the Academy in 2009 as a service to homeschool and private school families looking for ways to supplement their students’ high school education.
Today, the Academy operates as a division of HSLDA dedicated to providing quality Christian online courses to students everywhere.
Registration for the 2019-20 year opens on February 13, 2019. Use the FEAST code PTFEAST30 to get $30 off an Academy registration. Find out more information about our 2019-20 course list when you visit the website.