From The Bench…
I’m taking a break from the series I’ve been sharing – don’t worry, it’ll be back next month! Instead, I would like to visit something that is a little close and dear to my heart – volunteering and the need for volunteers!
I know my graphic is cheesy, but I saw it online, really got a kick out of it and found out it’s true! In 2017, Chuck and his wife Gena were voted Texans of the Year thanks to their commitment to empower the lives of children in Texas, a commitment which demonstrates the attributes of a true Texan: courage, integrity, and perseverance.
Volunteers are vital! They are especially vital to the organization and management of every sport FEAST provides. The time, dedication and energy volunteers devote are of the utmost importance in keeping the Athletics department running and working well. Without volunteers FEAST would find it difficult to function and certain sports would cease to be offered. We are all in agreement that “sports provides an avenue to learn social responsibilities, leadership skills and confidence for life, not to mention the healthy lifestyle that is closely associated with sport and physical activity” (Eley & Kirk, 2002). Without individuals stepping up, our programs would not be as incredible as they are, because they would not be possible. Over the last 30+ years, God has raised up the leadership that was required for our programs to remain operational. We pray that this year will be no different!
Won’t you please prayerfully consider, or have a family member or even a friend prayerfully consider being a part of what makes FEAST such an amazing organization? Help in the form of our Athletic Administrator, would be just a phone call, email or meeting away and she can assist you with anything you may need, including comprehensive training.
At this time we are opening up applications for COMMISSIONERS and ASSISTANT COMMISSIONERS for the following sports – Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, and Volleyball.
New Commissioner: http://bit.ly/feastcommissioner
Returning Commissioner: http://bit.ly/feastreturningcommissioner
We are also opening up applications for COACHES and ASSISTANT COACHES for the following sports – Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, and Volleyball.
New Coach: http://bit.ly/feastnewcoach
Returning Coach: http://bit.ly/feastreturningcoach
For those interested in applying, please fill out the corresponding application NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 9th.
Just a reminder – to participate in any FEAST Athletics; you will need a Patriot Pass, which allows your entire family access to all FEAST activities for a full year. We never wish the Patriot Pass to become an economic burden to anyone, so if it is for your family, contact us so that we can work out an arrangement.
|Please click on an icon to find out more about an individual sport.|
Interested in Coaching?
Are you interested in coaching for FEAST? If so, please click on the link to fill out the appropriate application.
- If you have never coached before, please click here to fill out an application for new coaches.aches application, coaching applications, applto co
- If you have coached previously, please click here to fill out an application for returning coaches.
Are you interested in being a Commissioner for FEAST? If so, please click on the link to fill out the application
- Please click here to fill out the application for new commissioners/assistant commissioners.
- Please click here to fill out the application for returning commissioners/assistant commissioners.
How to Participate?
- Patriot Pass You must be a Patriot Pass holder in order to participate in any FEAST sport. The Patriot Pass is $75 per family per year. Click here to read more about the Patriot Pass.
- FEAST Athletics Handbook All participants must read and agree with the FEAST Sports Handbook.
- Liability Release and Medical Waiver In order to participate in any FEAST sport you must read and agree with this waiver.
Important Links, Phone Numbers, and Emails:
- Incident Form Please use this online form to report an incident
- For questions, contact the Athletics Office: (210) 342-4674
- Athletics Office Email Address: email@example.com